The West Twin Grove Christian Church has been situated for more than 175 years in West Central McClean County. It is located west of Bloomington, Illinois just off of Route 9 on Twin Grove Road.
In 1842 Rev. F.J. Robeson organized the original congregation of 25 charter members. The congregation met in the homes of various members and in school houses, until 1851 when the first log cabin meeting house was built. The present church stands in the same location as the 1851 log cabin. Increasing growth prompted the building of a frame building in 1864, replacing the log cabin. A tornado destroyed this building in 1911, with the organ being the only thing untouched. In 1912 a concrete block structure was built and dedicated on June 1, 1913.
West twin grove has been an important influence in the community with emphasis on youth ministry and innovative worship styles. Well over 100 ministered to the church and only since 1977 has West Twin Grove Christian Church had a full time minister. In 1986 growth again prompted the need for a larger structure. A new church was constructed in front of the old church and the two buildings were connected. This made it possible to increase the number of Sunday morning services and add an evening service at 6:00 p.m., The Gospel Opry. West Twin Grove’s growth continued and in the summer of 2003, the 90 year old concrete structure was razed and a new building replaced it. The new building houses Sunday school classes and bible study areas. The Sunday School Addition was dedicated on January 9, 2005.
West Twin Grove Christian Church 14237 Twin Grove Rd Bloomington,IL 61705 (309)963-4138